Weir Bowen LLP is a firm of lawyers who have the knowledge, skill, integrity
and commitment required to provide reliable advice
and effective representation in civil litigation.
- The firm of Weir Bowen was formed in 1990 by lawyers who had been practicing primarily in the area of civil litigation. The history of the predecessor firms of Weir Bowen extends back to 1930.
- Weir Bowen LLP is a law firm that has extensive experience as counsel for plaintiffs (including subrogated parties) and defendants (for insured and uninsured parties).
- Our litigation practice is focused on matters involving medical malpractice, personal injury, property damage, fire loss, occupier’s liability, products liability, insurance coverage, disability insurance, wills and estates, professional errors and omissions, contract, corporate, commercial, employment, real estate, and the environment.
- Our lawyers have advised and represented parties in litigation in Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and British Columbia; and have been counsel in precedent setting cases in the Supreme Court of Canada, the Court of Appeal of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, the Court of Appeal of the Northwest Territories and the Northwest Territories Supreme Court.
- Our lawyers also have extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes, including negotiation, mediation, and judicial dispute resolution. Our vast experience with ADR allows us to advise our clients as to what process will likely result in resolution of their legal disputes, and to represent them effectively in any process that they choose to use.
- We are willing to provide opinions and representation as co-counsel with lawyers of other firms at any stage of litigation (including examination for discovery, trial and appeal).